Wednesday, February 8, 2017

(((VIDEO))) Geometric Ocean Background

Jellyfish Card by Jess Gerstner for Create a Smile Stamps Glowing Seaside and Going Graphic

Hello crafty friends! It's Jess and today I have a card and a video with Going Graphic and Glowing Seaside.






For today's cards I wanted to try creating a background with Going Graphic since I hadn't played with the set yet. I really liked the look of the solid triangles but thought it would be fun to try some less expected so I spritzed them with water and create the softer more flow-ly triangles.

Jellyfish Card by Jess Gerstner for Create a Smile Stamps Glowing Seaside and Going Graphic



After creating the abstract background I stamped the jellyfish directly on top since jellyfish are often transparent. I watercolored my critters with Gansai Tambi watercolors which includes a white glitter color. For a full tutorial check out the video.


I love the little enamel hearts from the Frosty Fun Kit that are not available separately. They were the perfect finishing touch for this card.


Jellyfish Card by Jess Gerstner for Create a Smile Stamps Glowing Seaside and Going Graphic







Use a black pen to add back details such as eyes and mouth to critters after watercoloring to give them extra pop.














You still have plenty of time to enter the Create a Smile challenge this month. The theme is Lovely! You could win a 15€ gift card!

3 comments: