Sunday, October 30, 2016

Add Stitching To Cards - Part 1

Hi everyone! How's your week been? I've decided to share some ways to add some simple stitching to you card :) I've made a card with some stitching before and you can see it here. So in the next couple of weeks, I will share various ways you can add stitching to your cards. 

Today's method is a way to colour your image but using stitching. 



For this card, I used kraft paper, distress ink (Walnut Stain) - using any brown ink you have, stamp of your choice, some strings. I've had these floss years ago as a gift so I'm trying to incorporate them into my cards. 


Stamp all the candles and start poking holes in the image, using the lines as a guide so that I can "colour" the image. 


Simple stitching. Nothing complicated, just lines. You can do this in various colours and styles. 


To add some "flaming" colours, I sponged in Distress Ink Barn Door. 


Added gold glitter as flames and my sentiment and there you go! A way to "colour" your images using strings. I hope you'll try this method. Come back next week for another idea! 




Candles & Sentiments - mit Kerzen und Glitzer 
Distress Inks - Walnut Stain & Barn Door
Ranger - Gold Glitter
We R Memory Keepers Embroidery Floss

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)



Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment: