Friday, September 30, 2016

You're a Treasure!

Hello again!
Samantha here with you all on this last day of September! I am just still in shock that tomorrow will be October...crazy!! Ha!
I decided to create a fun card that you can send to a special friend!




     

Ha! That koala though...I couldn't resist coloring him up when I was flipping through my stamps!! He's so CUTE! 


So, let's start making this card!

- use your favorite coloring medium to color your images! I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and some mixed media paper to color my images!
- fussy cut out your images and set aside
- using your card front, do some ink blending! I used Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks!
- once the blending is complete, stamp your background swirls n the coordinating ink colors!


- on another piece of white cardstock, die cut the banner shape and do some 'island' inspired ink blending! I used the same colors for my 'ocean' that I used on the background, and then added some Vintage Photo for the 'land'. ha!
- I popped up the koala pirate and added some glossy accents to his cute little nose and the treasure of coins behind him (and the windows of the ship)


If you're not into ink blending, you can create a similar look with this card by using patterned paper! 


I combined rubber cling and clear stamps for this card! I used the Sophisticated Shells cling stamp set, the All Hands on Deck and Underwater Love clear stamp sets! I also used the Stacked Pierced Banner dies!

    

Have you joined the Create a Smile Friends and Family group on Facebook? It's a friendly, interactive group where you can ask questions, share projects and be inspired!! Hope to see you there!

~Samantha 

      



No comments:

Post a Comment