Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Guest Designer May Park #2: Watercoloring (+ Video)

Hello lovelies!

Here we are with a new fantastic and inspiring post from the cardmaking super rockstar May Park. If you missd her first post, you can find it here.


 

May just has fantastic design skills, you should check out her Blog and IG account (where you will also find some of the cutest cats ever ever! She has two beautiful kitties that you will love). 
Now, let's see what May has up for you:

________________________


Hi, crafty friends. Today I have a fun and colorful watercolor card. If you want to see my previous guest project that I made using Copic coloring, please click HERE.


I'm totally in love with the cute critter images from the Doctor's Helpers stamp set and couldn't resist creating a stamped background for my project today. Then I did some watercoloring which is I'm so obsessed with lately. 



I'd love for you to watch my video tutorial as I shared lots of tips and tricks in the video. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube. Hope you find it helpful.

How to Make a Get Well Card using Watercoloring
  1. Stamp the images from Doctor's Helpers with Hero Arts black ink on a piece of Arches cold pressed watercolor paper.
  2. Watercolor the images with Guretake Gansai Tambi 36 color set.
  3. Mount the watercolor panel on a A2 sized top folding card using foam tape.
  4. Stamp the sentiment from the set in black on a piece of kraft cardstock, die cut it with oval die from Stacked Pierced Ovals, pop it up on the card front using dimensional adhesive.

4 Watercoloring tips I learned from my practices
  • You may need to use a smooth side of your watercolor paper to get a good stamping impression. Otherwise stamp the images multiple times on a textured side to get crisp lines of your images. (For mutiple stamping, I used the MISTI stamping tool to get my stamps positioned in a same place.)
  • Watercoloring in two ways: add intense colors first with less water and spread the colors by adding more water. The other way is to color with light color first with lots of water for the base coat. Then add more colors later for shading.
  • Use clean water and paint brush to fix your watercoloring mistake and pick up the colors using some paper towel.
  • Cold Pressed watercolor paper is easier to fix the colors compared to hot pressed watercolor paper.
I'm not telling you these tips would work for all of you as I'm not experienced in watercoloring but just taking baby steps for it. If you have any tips or suggestions on watercoloring, please share with me in the comments below.



That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my watercolor card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!

_____________________________

I would like to say a HUGE thanks to May for being our Guest, even taking the time to make videos, bringing so many tips and inspiration our way! May, you ROCK!

If you loved May's project let her know by leaving her a comment or visiting her blog and suscribing - you won't regret that!

Have a great day everyone!


3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! I love all the colors and the cuteness except for the needle. I don't watch when someone gets one on TV or even when I get one! However, it is cute that the mouse is holding one. I'll bet the sick person who got this card felt much better after receiving it. You did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it..Its surely going too cheer up the receiver and make them feel better !

    ReplyDelete
  3. May, this card is so lovely! I really enjoyed the video, your tips and I your mini misti ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete