Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Bleached" Distress Ink Background with Nina-Marie


Hello everyone and Happy Wednesday! It's Nina-Marie here with you today showcasing our soon-to-be-retired Uplifting stamp set. We have limited quantities left in stock, so be sure to stop over to the shop and pick it up before they are all gone! 



I love distress inks; they are so much fun to work with and you can achieve so many fabulous effects! For my card today I wanted to create a bright and colorful background using Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw inks, as well as the Create a Smile Swirly Stencil.

I did a "bleaching" technique using water and a baby wipe to create the swirl design on my distress ink background... the effect is beautiful, don't you think?






To see how I created this card, be sure to check out the video below or over on my YouTube channel! If you enjoy, be sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe... I post new videos every week!


  


A few tips from today's card to keep in mind when working with your distress inks: 
  •  dry between layers; this will help keep your colors from blending too much and becoming "muddy" or less defined. 
  • when rubbing a baby wipe over the stencil and paper to bleach the color, use a light, circular motion. Rubbing too hard will lift your stencil off the paper, especially if it is a delicate one like the Swirly Stencil used here. 
  • I love shimmer...  and I really love the look of shimmer paired with distress inks! I always keep a spray bottle of Perfect Pearls mixed with water on my desk for adding shimmer and shine to my distress ink backgrounds, watercoloring, blending, etc. Just fill a misting bottle with some water and a couple pinches of Perfect Pearls to create your very own shimmer mists... super fun! 


  

Don't forget to share your projects using Create a Smile products! There are many ways to connect with us... link projects in the monthly gallery over in the sidebar of the blog, tag us in social media using #createasmilestamps and visit our Facebook and Instagram sites for more inspiration! 

Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me... See you again soon! 
xoxo, Nina-Marie :) 

4 comments: