Friday, September 4, 2015

Happy Birthday Little Monster

Hello, and happy Friday!
Samantha here today, and I'm sharing this adorable little birthday card that I made for my nephew! He's turning one in a few weeks, and I'm so excited! I haven't even met him yet (he used to live in Austin, Texas, but they just moved to Florida and we're going to drive down for his birthday!)! I can't wait to love him in person, instead of from afar! Ha!



His birthday party is going to be cute monster themed, so I made the cutest monster card I could think of! :)


To create this card, I used Distress markers to watercolor, but you can use your favorite coloring method, instead!
- stamp the images onto watercolor paper, and watercolor
- once dry, fussy cut out the images
- on a white piece of cardstock, smear a little bit of embossing paste onto the lower bottom right corner
- using a background stamp, smoosh the stamp into the paste! (lift up carefully)


- set that piece aside to dry
- once everything is dry, pop up the monster and the balloons with foam tape and stamp your greeting


I used the super adorable Monster Party stamp set for that cute monster image with the balloons! I just love him! Then, the Arrows background stamp set is the set I squished into the wet embossing paste! The sentiment was created by combining greetings from Botanical Love and Make a Wish! Whew! You didn't realize I used so many sets, huh?


I really LOVE squishing background stamps into wet embossing paste! It can be tricky though! The first time smooshed the Arrows stamp into this smear, I lifted up the stamp and you could barely tell it was arrows! But never fear! All you have to do is use your pallete knife (or finger, or credit card!) to re smear the paste and you can try again! 



Next week is release week!!! Be sure stop by the blog each day to see the Design Team's projects! This release is really incredible!! I can't wait for you to see it!

Thanks again for stopping by and enjoying my card with me!
~Samantha

      



4 comments:

  1. What a super cute little card! LOVE that monster--- great colors! And I LOVE that textured background! FAB card for your nephew;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me smile - da musste ich lächeln...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that guy...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little monster and your card is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete