Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Guest Designer Gayatri Murali (part #1)

Today we're honored to introduce Gayatri Murali to you. She's an amazingly talented cardmaker, I've been a fan for a long time (and was so happy when she applied for our Guest Designer Spot!)
Please give a warm welcome to her!

___________

Hello everyone, 
This is Gayatri here today. I am one of the guest designer for March 2015. Today, I am sharing with you a shaker card using one of the older stamp sets – Jungle Fever

 



I wanted to make a shaker card using the frog image from the Jungle Fever stamp set with a beautiful water background using distress inks and Silver Lining seed beads which acts as bubbles inside the shaker box. 
Here is a photo tutorial as how I made my background and also how I coloured the frog image.





I have used three layers of colour wash on watercolour paper using distress inks – Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Peacock Feathers. Then die cut circle out of the colour wash background. I also die cut a circular frame and acetate circle to make the shaker box.
For the frog, I stamped, black heat embossed the image, then sponged pigment inks in yellow and greens to give shading to the frog image. I then heat embossed the entire image with clear embossing powder. Then fuzzy cut the frog image which I adhered using foam adhesives. I also white heat embossed the bubbles from the Jungle Fever stamp set. I added the silver seed beads from Pretty Pink Posh and made a shaker box. Here is a closeup of the shaker box.

 
 then adhered this shaker box on wood grain cardstock, which I adhered to Fog cardstock base. I then simply stamped the sentiment form Jungle Fever stamp set on a strip of fog cardstock, trimmed the edges and adhered using foam adhesives.



I absolutely adore the images from Jungle Fever stamp set. They are great addition to a scene or shaker cards. I will see you soon with another card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Gayatri


____________________



Stamps:






















8 comments:

  1. This shaker is so fun, Gayatri! Those seed beads are perfect for the watery effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shaker!!! So fresh and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me as guest designer, Christine! I love Create A Smile products :) They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a great idea! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, i like this funny shaker card and the stamps from Christine too. Thank you for the instruction!

    ReplyDelete