Friday, October 31, 2014

Make Your Own Winter Wonderland

Hello!!
Samantha here again, on this happy Friday!! If you're in the states, it's Halloween! And I can't wait to go trick-or-treating with my little Menn! The costumes are my favorite part of Halloween, by far!! :)

However, today, my card is all about a different holiday - Christmas! Yay!! :)
This is the very end of October, which means it's the last day we'll be showcasing the amazing embossing powders by WOW!


I used the super soft, super incredible and super stunning Silver Pearl embossing powder to create part of a background for my card!


Ta-da!
First, I took some grid patterned paper, and spritzed it with a teal color mist. it's super shiny and FUN! Then once that was all dry, I heat embossed the ADORABLE Smiling Snowflake imges! LOVE how it looks!!
That silver pearl is gorgeous, and because of the teal misted background, they took on an almost soft teal look, in some lights! The other great thing about the Silver Pearl color is that it can look striking in light, but soft and almost a watermarked look, when the light isn't on it directly! It's just super cool!


The super fun train is from Whimsical Wheels! I colored the train with copics and then popped it up for some dimension! I really think it's sweet that the train is helping to bring the winter wonderland this season with those wood veneers in the cars! :)

The sentiment was heat embossed in white, and then the entire panel was popped up onto some patterned kraft paper!
So that's it!

Have you picked up the new stamps yet? How about some of the stencils or AMAZING new chipboard pieces?? Such an exciting time at Create a Smile!! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
~Samantha



3 comments: