Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Guest Designer Jessa Feig Part 1


Hi everyone
It's a guest-wednesday again.
We are happy to welcome Jessa Feig for this month - she is a young, creative mind who thinks our of the box and comes up with great designs! Check out her blog to find inspiration that goes far beyond cardmaking!


This is what Jessa has to say about her first project (and she even added a translation!):

Hello, Jessa here and it's my first turn here at Create a Smile and I'm excited! When I first saw the new stamp sets of my beloved crafty mastermind Christine I thought - yes! I just loved the Smiling Snowflakes stamp set and came up with a lot of cool ideas (cool, get the pun, he?) for cards and christmas projects. Do you feel the same? I'm crazy for the cute Snowflakes and can't wait so show you my projects. And even it's perfect fall weather here - I cheered myself in my best christmas mood and made this frosty winter card for you.

This is how I made the card - First I prepared my cardstock, eyeballed the middle and cut down the window for the snowflake. After that I took a piece of balsa wood, two circle dies and ran it through my die cutting machine to get the frame. Then it got messy, hihi. I stamped the snowflake all over my cardstock and used some clear embossing powder to create an interessting, but not distracting background  - the star of the card is the dangling snowflake. For the dangling pendant I stamped the smiling snowflake with my Hero Arts Tide Pool ink pad and fuzzy cut it - and coloured the cheeks. It's cold so it needed to have some pink cheeks, right? I adhered it to vellum and then I robbed my piggy bank to get a Cent - I needed something tiny, but heavy, to make it dangle right. I glued the Cent on the back of the vellum circle, added the twine and added another circle - the pendant was ready to dangle!
I used Glossy Accents to attach the balsa circle, after that, I adhered the snowflake pendant with some washi tape and added a tiny bow. Then I placed the labels I coloured with my Tide Pool ink pad again, fetched some twine and the card was almost finished. Final step - I masked the background of the front with another piece of cardstock, so no one would see the twine. That's it. Pretty simple.

Hallo, hier ist Jessa und das hier ist mein erster Gastbeitrag bei Create a Smile und ich bin so aufgeregt! Als mir Christine die neuen Stempelsets zeigte dachte ich - ja! Und verliebte mich sofort in das Stempelset Smiling Snowflakes. Mir sind sofort so viele neue Ideen für Karten und Weihnachtsprojekte eingefallen. Geht es euch auch so? Ich bin ganz verrückt nach ihren Stempeln und trotz Herbstwetter habe mich in Weihnachtsstimmung gebracht und die ersten winterlichen Karten gemacht.

Und so habe ich die Karte gemacht - als erstes habe ich einen Kreis in meine Karte geschnitten - das Fenster, in dem später die Schneeflocke hängt. Danach habe ich aus einem Stück Balsaholz und zwei Kreisstanzen den Rahmen ausgestanzt. Dann wurde es dreckig, hihi. Ich habe eine Schneeflocke wiederholt auf die Karte gestempelt und alles mit klarem Embossingpulver bekrümelt. Auf die Art wollte ich einen interessanten, aber nicht zu wuchtigen Hintergrund kreieren. Denn der Blickfang der Karte ist ja der Anhänger, nicht wahr? Für diesen habe ich meine Lieblingsschneeflocke in Tide Pool von Hero Arts auf weißen Karton gestempelt und ausgeschnitten. Und natürlich musste ich seine Wangen ein bisschen rosa einfärben, es ist schließlich kalt, da hat jeder rosa Wangen. Auf die Rückseite der Schneeflocke habe ich einen Kreis aus Transparentpapier geklebt und anschließend mein Sparschwein geplündert - ich brauchte einen Cent, denn damit der Anhänger gut aussieht und einfach hängt, braucht es ein kleines Gewicht. Den Cent habe ich dann zusammen mit einem Stück Garn auf den Kreis geklebt und einen weiteren Kreis aus Transparentpapier aufgeklebt - ein kleines Sandwich und der Anhänger war fertig!
Mit ein paar Tropfen Glossy Accents habe ich den Rahmen aus Balsaholz aufgeklebt, anschließend habe ich den Anhänger eingeklebt -  probeweise erst einmal mit Washi Tape. Dazu kamen die Schildchen, die ich vorher mit meinem Stempelkissen eingefärbt habe, ein bisschen Garn und die Karte war fast fertig. Damit man die Enden des Garns nicht mehr sehen konnte und um die Klebestelle des Anhängers zu verdecken, habe ich die Rückseite der Kartenfront noch mit weißem Papier kaschiert. Und das war es schon. Es ist ganz einfach.


Isn't this clean an simple card a beauty with the balsa wood? I love this combo! And adding a cent to gain some weight is so clever! 
Please hop to Jessa's blog and leave her a comment to let her know you love her design! :)


If YOU want to be our December Guest Designer click on the badge to get more information:










2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessa - ich freu mich total, dass du als Gastdesignerin hier bist! Deine Karte ist ja soooo schön geworden (der Kreis aus Balsaholz ist der Knaller) und dein Text dazu ist (wie immer) ein Vergnügen zu lesen! LG Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great card Jessa and it's so nice to have you here as our guest designer can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete