Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Aloha!

Aloha! It's Keeway here today and I'm sharing a bright, and tropical-inspired card for your hot, summer day.






I absolutely love these Hawaiin flowers and to really have them shine through bright coloring and details. What can be more fun than spending a few hours coloring these beauties!







1. Stamp the flowers and leaves in ink colors that are slightly darker than what you will color them in with.
2. Color the images with copic markers.
3. Add highlights and details with a white gel pen to really make the coloring pop!
4. Stamp the sentiment "aloha" in black ink.
5. Add spotlight diecutting to the sentiment to draw attention to it. Here, I used a double stitched circle die.
6. Remove your die cut piece, and add black paint splatter.
7. Adhere your colored piece onto A2 card base. Then add back the die cut piece with foam tape, to add dimension to your spotlight.




http://www.createasmilestamps.com/stempel-stamps/aloha-spirit/#cc-m-product-12579765923

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates (and early sneak peeks!) on all the happenings and on instagram at @createasmilestamps.





2 comments:

  1. I love the way this is colored. Wow, those are Copics? I love the colors! I need to get a whole lot of money so I can buy some of these markers. I have a few but not enough to do this. Also, I want to learn how to use them the correct way. There has to be a class somewhere. I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I agree, Copics can get pretty expensive, but they do last a long time! I've also heard of Spectrum Noir markers being a good, and much cheaper alternative as well, but I have not personally tried them. But anyways :) have a wonderful day!

      Delete