Friday, April 3, 2015

Resist with Watercolor and Heat Embossing

Hello!
Happy Friday! Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a card with a particularly favorite color combination of mine!



When I started to create this card, I didn't really have a plan. It was one of those times, when I was looking through my stamp sets, and just wanted to 'play!'. That bird has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine, and those chevrons, I mean, come on! you can't go wrong!


Ok! Time to get a little inky, and a little messy!


- heat emboss the chevron background, in white, onto your white cardstock
- once dry, add the blue colors by watercoloring over the chevrons
- set aside to dry
- stamp and color the bird image and stamp the speech bubble
- fussy cut the bird and speech bubble
- attach to the card with foam tape
- place a strip of washi onto the side of the card and adhere the white card base on top with foam tape


I used Jungle Fever for the bird (my favorite!), and the speech bubble is from Perfect Tune! The background was created with Floating Chevrons!


I wanted to create a happy card, and I just LOVE the color combination of blues and yellows! But imagine this card with yellows and oranges or pinks in the background! It totally makes you feel warm just thinking about it! I love how color can make you feel certain ways! Those tricks are a cardmaker's best friend, I think! :)


Next week is release week! We'll have a whole week of inspiration, and then a giveaway!! And the stamps for April...well just buckle your seatbelt - they're INCREDIBLE!

Thanks again for sharing your Friday with me! Have a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the background, you seriously can't ever go wrong with chevron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete