Sunday, March 29, 2015

Making Custom Patterned Paper with Sentiments

Hi everyone! If you've been following my projects, you know how much I love making custom patterned papers with my stamps. I do this with images and even sentiments. Today, I'd like to show you a way you can do it with sentiments.




Making custom papers with stamps you have is so fun because if you're like me and not very good at matching the elements on your card, using this technique can help to pull everything together perfectly.


I started by stamping sentiment on my cardbase. I wanted it to look tone and tone, so I chose the brown ink to stamp on my kraft cardstock. I only intend to show the patterned on my side so I'm not taking my time to stamp the entire background.


I wanted to have a small strip of brown paper and to match the ink, I just coloured my scrap paper with the same ink I used for my sentiment.


I chose this awesome monster and coloured it with copic markers. I stamped it separately because I wanted the body to be on dimensional adhesive :)


All it's left is to cut my monster and put the pieces together.  I went a little enamel-dots crazy there! hehe.







Don't worry about not having the perfect cardstock colour to match your ink, just swipe the ink pad directly on to the paper :) 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

1 comment:

  1. so fun, love the repeated stamping and the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete