Saturday, December 20, 2014

Using a Sketch

Hey, Anni here!
It's snowing outside! But I don't think it is cold enough to have a white christmas overhere in Germany! What about you?








When I saw the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday I knew I wanted to make a card based on it. And I still needed some christmas cards! AND it's been a long time since I used a fox! So this was how the card started to come together!






  • Color the fox and fuzzy cut it!
  • Stamp and emboss the background and the sentiment on an extra stripe of cardstock!
  • Add some ribbon!
  • Assemble the card!






  • I think a sketch is a great way to start a card! If you are a CAS stamper just like me look for sketches with not to many details and clutter! Or ask yourself which details you can leave out!
  • The fox was a little too small for the sketch! So I needed something extra to make him the focal point! Christine sent me those snowflakes (Can you believe? These are the left overs from the stencils) and they are just perfect for this because they don't take attention away from the fox!!


  • In the sketch there was a banner behind the main panel! I wanted to do something different! I have a lot of ribbon in my stash but I am not a big fan of big bows anymore! I think this is a great way to use up some ribbon!




   




There is a lot going on behind the curtain! Don't forget to check the blog the next week! There are great things coming you don't want to miss!

Do you like to use sketches? What kind of challenge do you like?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anika!! I love your card. The colors you used are amazing. I have to make a card using kraft, dark brown, orange and white. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete