Friday, November 28, 2014

A Rainbow Scrapbook Layout!

Hello and happy Friday!
Samantha here, with a scrapbook layout using a bunch of Create a Smile supplies! :)


One day this summer, it was raining hard all day. These little Menn were suffering from a severe case of 'Cabin Fever!'. So, for my sanity, we put on bathing suits, and went riding in the rain!! The boys had a BLAST! and by the end, we were all muddy, and laughing and happy! 



I decided it would be fun to make MOST of the layout a grey scale, with the only color coming from the picture and border! I really like that idea!


I used the Comfy stamp set and Distress Markers to color the umbrellas on the layout, and also Jungle Fever for the awesome (and perfectly appropriate!) sentiment by the umbrellas on the bottom of the layout! :)


I also used the "Hello" from the Your View stamp set and stamped it directly onto the photo! LOVE doing that! :)


On the background of the layout, I used the AWESOME Cloud stencils and sprayed some warm grey mist to add the color! :)

Then I added some 'raindrops' with a stencil and some embossing paste, but not to all the clouds!


I used my sewing machine to add stitching to some of the washi tape strips, the picture mattes, and also to the title of the page! :)  

To finish it off, I sprinkled a few grey enamel dots throughout the page! :)

When using Thickers or other Alpha stickers on my cards or layouts, I usually stitch them on with my sewing machine! I just don't trust the thin adhesive that it comes with to stay stuck for a long time! :)

If I don't sew the letters on, I will either add glossy accents or mutli matte medium under the letters, to make sure they stick! 

This will ensure the card/layout staying in one piece! 





Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment